A magnet pincushion that works well for sewing and around your desk.
This durable, spool-shaped pin holder contains a strong magnet to store pins, needles, and paperclips neatly.
Fired at a low temperature by expert craftsmen, Hasami Magnetic Pin Holders boast a luster and texture reminiscent of ancient pottery and embody the wabi-sabi spirit of simple, rustic elegance. Each pin holder is finished with a colorful glaze to resemble a real spool of thread.
We collaborated with the ceramics company Ishimaru Togei of Hasami to create this exquisite piece. The town of Hasami in Nagasaki Prefecture has a 400-year history of producing the highest-quality ceramics, which are collectively known as Hasami ware.
Designed to be used with needles standing up, it is easier to insert and remove needles with one hand than conventional pin cushions, making operations even smoother.
Inside of the spool is lined with soft felt to protect pin and needles from damage by direct contact with the ceramic base.
It is also recommended for needles such as cross-stitch needles with rounded tips that are difficult to insert into a fabric pin cushion.
The built-in magnet makes it convenient for picking up dropped pins and needles directly from your workstation.
Cohana's Seki Mini Scissor can also be attached to the sides, making it popular as a set for small needlework projects.
A smart and sophisticated way to organize your workspace or desk.
Hasamiyaki Ware｜Ishimaru Tohgei／Hasami city, Nagasaki
Hasami-cho, Nagasaki Prefecture, is home to many pottery studios.
Hasami-ware, with a history of about 400 years, has been actively manufactured since the Edo period (1603-1868) and has been popular among many people as a popular type of pottery.
Established in 1948, Ishimaru Tougei has an old pottery museum on the premises, where historical ceramics are on display.
※All measurements are for reference. Please note in advance that the actual dimensions and weight of the product may slightly vary.
- Pottery absorbs water, and even if the same technique is used, each piece may be fired differently due to the effects of climate, soil, and natural minerals in the glaze. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Please use the product away from computers, cell phones, electronic devices, and other items that are affected by magnetism.
- There are stainless steel products that will not stick to the magnetic force of the spool.
- The bottom of the product is rough, so please be careful not to rub or drag it too hard as it may damage the surrounding objects.
- Please be careful not to drop it or give it a shock, as this may cause damage.
- Keep out of the reach of infants.